Sunday 3 January 2010

A Praying Life


A couple of months ago we recieved a prayer journal and a copy of "A Praying Life" by Paul E. Miller from our home territorial headquarters. I decided that I would give myself the challenge of following the journal for 2o10 and reading the book.

This quote hit me from the book today:

If you are not praying, then you are quietly confident that time, money, and talent are all you need in life. You'll always be a little too tired, a little too busy. But if...you realize you can't do life on your own, then no matter how busy, no matter how tired you are, you will find the time to pray.

Just something to think about...

1 comment:

Sue J. said...

Confidence in the wrong thing is that ground that is called "sinking sand." You might feel stable on that for a bit, but it won't be long before you find it's just your head above the surface!

Yes, God has ways of reminding me that it's time to pray. I'm thankful to Him that, more and more, I pray in the middle of the busyness and in the middle of the conflicts and in the middle of the unknown. Now, if I can just pray more before I get to the middle!

Great thoughts! Hope journaling will keep you more connected....