Thursday 28 May 2009

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey




The five things that I am thankful for today:

1. The art of bartering. Our regular volunteer had to be gone today so I ran our thrift store. And everyone who comes in wants to barter down the price. I'm thankful that I stuck to my 'guns' and sold the sewing machine for the right price!


2. My husband's ability to give the boys decent haircuts. See:




3. I'm thankful for friends who are willing to invite our family over for a BBQ and a swim in their pool. (We are the only ones in the congregation without a pool, I think) It's always a nice time to be relaxed and just enjoy fellowship.



4. I'm thankful for people who are willing to join our ministry for a little while. On Saturday we have someone from the States coming to stay with us for about 6 weeks and just going to help us with the ministry. No strings...just in need of a place to sleep and eat!

5. I'm thankful that my husband is willing to let me decorate the chapel for Pentecost Sunday. I've decided to hang flames/doves from our ceiling as a visual enhancement to the service!






8 comments:

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

That's so cute. Especially number 2.

Beth Herring said...

Love the boys haircuts!

Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

All good things to be thankful for! Your boys are adorable in thier new haircuts!

Linda C said...

I love your thankful list! And you little ones are cutey pies!

So glad you got leisure time by the pool- great pic!!

Happy TT!

Linda C

Lisa said...

God's blessings are wonderful. Provision, Fellowship, Service. He provides everything we need at just the right time!
Blessings ~ Lisa

Growin' With It said...

the expression on your boys' faces is a hoot! great job dad!

Edie said...

Your boys are growing into such fine young gentlemen! With great haircuts! :)

Yolanda said...

What a neat picture of you all out at the pool! Much to be thankful for.