Friday 7 November 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRAMWELL!


It's Bram's birthday today! He turns 3 at 4:30 Central time....or is that Spain time.....


Anyways we're celebrating the whole day! Bram opened a special gift from Grandma Sandy this morning at breakfast. I made (in our new essential Spain kitchen appliance: deep fryer) churros for breakfast with warm chocolate milk. Jonas and I sang Bram awake....to which he was utterly thrilled.


I brought cake into the pre-school for Bram, and when we picked him up he was wearing the birthday crown. He was also singing some song about Samba the Elephant, but I couldn't quite make out the words. When he sings in Spanish he mumbles all the words but gets the general tune down..

Today, after our weekly visit to the nursing home, we will be having chicken nuggets, french fries, carrot sticks, and homemade pickles (all of Bram's favorites) followed by a cake. It took me forever to find cake batter (it comes pre mixed in a bag you just pour into your pan. my choices were: chocolate chip or lemon) and I also attempted home made icing sans powdered sugar. (doesn't exist here) Jeff says the icing is good....but I'm skeptical about its merit. I'm sure Bram will love it regardless.

So here's to birthdays in a land far away!



4 comments:

Karen Carr Chojnacki said...

Happy Birthday from far-a-way. It makes me cry to see him so big. Please give him a big tickle hug and a kiss from his Aunt Karen

Sue J. said...

Favorite foods, singing, family--what more do you need for a GREAT birthday!?

"3...that's the magic number!"

Happy Birthday, not so little one!!

Edie said...

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birrthdaay dear Braa-aam,
Happy Birthday to you!

Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, YAY! Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, YAY!!!

No powdered sugar? How sad. :)

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday for the USA! Have a wonderful, wonderful birthday!