Monday 17 November 2008

Whirling Dervish :)

The past week has been fun filled and jam packed. Strategic planning sessions, Solidaria de Marina Alta, local theatre ticket sales, and 18 month vaccinations!

Saturday, we attended a conference in Valencia in order to network with other Evangelical social service entities in the Valencian community (our area in Spain). At first, I was worried that we had simply made the mistake to come to a day long sales pitch for this particular group. BUT we met a woman (An American missionaries daughter) who is on the town council in our town and works with Stop the Traffik. I have been praying for an opportunity to get involved in some ministry dealing with the numerous prostitutes in our surrounding area. There is a road that we pass that has a young girl "posted" outside an orange grove entrance about every 20 to 30 feet or so....it was definitely a divine opportunity to meet this woman! When I found out that she was working directly with this issue in our same community, I quickly asked how I could help! I am so excited that God has provided an opportunity to DO SOMETHING.... so we have a meeting with her next week!

A long while ago at a MOPS meeting I learned a valuable lesson of carrying Scripture in my pocket. I didn't necessarily start doing it right away, but I've tried....anyways, I typically type out the Scripture readings and hand them to the people reading on Sunday morning (because they don't always bring their Bibles...) Apparently I had tucked a verse away into my tunic (Salvation Army uniform jacket (explanation for non Salvationist readers)) pocket, which made its way to my purse pocket, which then made its way to my hand this morning as I wrote down cloth measurments for a banner I'm making (quite the traveling verse)...the verse was exactly what I needed to read after a crazy week, an upcoming week of a conference 6 hours away with my boys in someone else's care:

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

God is so good.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Love your title. *wink*

I would love to hear more as you get involved with this wonderful ministry to teach women their worth in the eyes of God, verses their monatary worth as prostitutes.

God bless your ministry!

Sue J. said...

That's a great lesson, Valerie, and it's so wonderful to have tangible confirmation from God of a place for your ministry to reach! I can hear new energy in your voice already!!

Thanks for the Scripture in the pocket story, too....I might well share that with our MOPS moms here. (I have a creativity talk coming in the Spring; this would be a great add to that.)

How are you celebrating Thanksgiving?

My ADHD Me said...

It seems you leave a trail of breadcrumbs to God in everything you do.

Jeff and Valerie Carr said...

It's true, God finds His way into my everyday....(like that song by Sara Groves??...oh, I love that song)...

I'm excited to be a MOPS international star! (no autographs, please....postage awfully high :) )